Monday, August 23, 2010

Courtney Love considering selling Nirvana rights--Wonder what is going on with this currently

Love offered $162 million for Nirvana rights
May 25, 2010, 12:10 PM EST

WENN -- Courtney Love has been offered a staggering $162 million for her majority stake in Nirvana's back catalogue.

Love inherited Nirvana's publishing rights when her husband and Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain committed suicide in 1994.

Love, the singer of Hole, sold off 25 percent of the End of Music catalogue in 2006, pocketing $50 million. But she recently admitted she was considering offloading her remaining 75 percent share after becoming convinced the royalty payments she receives are "cursed."

She insisted the decision was motivated by emotions, not financial gain, because she simply wants to move on from the Cobain tragedy.

She said, "I'm thinking about selling off all of Kurt's publishing. All of the rights, everything. It's not a financial decision; it's an emotional one.

"He was the best friend I've ever had, but Kurt and I were only married for three years, and now I need to have my own life. I'm always 'the widow' and that drives me nuts. That money has been cursed since the day it started to come in. It's not really my money."

Executives at Evergreen Capital are keen to relieve Love of her worries and have stepped up with the big money offer, reports the New York Daily News.

A source says, "Courtney thinks the catalogue comes with too many memories. It's haunted."

Love has yet to respond to the offer.

No comments: